Interesting stories from newspapers across the United States:
- Joel Sherman of the New York Post writes that it's not too early to talk about a Mets' fire sale.
- Bob Klapisch of the Bergen Record writes that Terry Collins is in his own personal purgatory.
- Tim Smith of the New York Daily News writes that it's getting late early for the Mets.
- Dave Krieger of the Denver Post writes that the Giants, not Ubaldo Jimenez, are the Rockies' biggest problem.
- Bruce Jenkins of the San Francisco Chronicle writes that Brandon Belt should stay with the Giants.
- Dan Shaughnessy of the Boston Globe writes that Jed Lowrie plays his way into the Red Sox' lineup.
- Kathleen McGrory of the Miami Herald (via the St. Petersburg Times) writes of musical lawsuits and Bruce Golding of the New York Post writes of a logo lawsuit.