Interesting stories from newspapers across the nation:
- Katie Thomas of the New York Times writes that there is a difference in audience for Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens.
- Sid Hartman of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune writes that Bill Smith is not in panic mode just yet.
- Bernie Miklasz of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch writes that the Cardinals can't wait on trying a new closer.
- Joel Sherman of the New York Post writes that a trip to the scrap yard is paying off for Brian Cashman.
- Wayne Coffey of the New York Daily News writes that Joba Chamberlain and Tony Pena are among the many praising Russell Martin's contributions to the Yankees.
- John Nalbone writes for the Trenton Times that the Yankees' farm system is short on hitting prospects.
- Josh Land of the Carroll County Times writes that Josh Wieters isn't a bust yet.
- John Romano of the St. Petersburg Times writes that Johnny Damon is the Rays' first rock star.