Do we have plenty of baseball talk? Sure we do. We got prospects, we got Josh Hamilton's injury, we got Sam Fuld's amazing week. Do we have Mike Curto, the finest play-by-play voice in the minors talking about the business? Sure we do, he even provides musical suggestions. Is that what you are waiting for? No, no it is not. We found the hawk trap guy, and he's here for your listening pleasure. You're welcome.
Note: We do alert you to the presence of the occasional adult language and subject matter. Don't say we didn't warn you.
Up And In Episode 45: "Hawks Can Be Jerks, Man"
Table Of Contents
0:00 Intro and Agenda Review
4:10 Housekeeping: Email us! Follow us on Twitter! We got a Facebook Group!
5:36 Email Time!
- Some more Italian gravy debate
- College pitcher workloads
- Should teams have a draft strategy?
- Defining the five-tool plan
- Jason: crew or posse?
- Is this the last show ever?
- Teams needs crappy players too
33:34 Hot and cold starts: Can we get excited yet?
39:26 Josh Hamilton's shoulder and the post-injury blame game
46:57 Sam Fuld is a totally awesome dude so enjoy it while you can
52:51 Early impressions on some big prospect performances
1:10:34 Special Guest: Mike Curto (@CurtoWorld), broadcast voice of the Triple-A Tacoma Rainiers
- Getting into the business
- Disappointing the parents
- It's more than just broadcasting
- The mysterious path to the big leagues
- The Mariners' broadcast situation with the passing of Dave Niehaus
- No more buses and the grind
- Broadcasting for Tacoma fans vs. prospect fans
- There's a legitimately funny mascot
- Early struggles with the Rainiers
- Mike's latest music tips
- Days off in Vegas
1:41:16 Listener Of The Week: Derek . . . The Hawk Trap Guy
2:00:49 Musical Guest: Cartographer
2:02:05 What Are You Drinking (includes live tasting)
2:07:59 Pop Culture Moment: Taxi Driver on Blu-Ray (includes more drinking talk)
2:14:40 Wrapping up and the week ahead
Music is by Cartograph from the album, Hats, Capes, Dark Arts, Copyright 2011.