Interesting stories from newspapers across the nation:
- Patrick Reusse of the Minneapolis Star Tribune writes that the Twins will hit but wonders if it will be this season?
- Peter Schmuck of the Baltimore Sun writes that the Orioles' quick start shouldn't be discounted.
- Mike Lupica of the New York Daily News writes that the Red Sox can't get any pitching and have dug themselves an early American League hole against the Yankees.
- Bud Shaw of the Cleveland Plain Dealer writes that Manny Ramirez's legacy is Manny being dumb, real dumb.
- John Erardi of the Cincinnati Enquirer wonders, at 70, if Pete Rose has Hall of Fame hope?