Interesting stories from newspapers across the nation:
- Tom Powers of the St. Paul Pioneer Press writes that Target Field makes the Twins easier to forgive for their playoff disasters.
- Jeff Schultz of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution writes that if the Braves send a message to the Phillies, it will be done nicely.
- Randy Galloway of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram writes that it's always sunny at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington.
- Mark Purdy of the San Jose Mercury News writes that the defense threw the better pitches at the Barry Bonds trial.
- Phil Sheridan of the Philadelphia Inquirer writes that even without his best stuff, Roy Halladay found an edge.
- John Tomase of the Boston Herald writes that home best be where the wins are for the Red Sox.
- Bob Nightengale of USA Today writes that history is not on the side of the 0-6 Red Sox.
- Paul Daugherty of the Cincinnati Enquirer writes that Brandon Phillips doesn't play "polite" baseball.