Some interesting stories from newspapers across the nation:
- Rick Morrissey of the Chicago Sun-Times hopes that Wrigley Field's empty seats mean that Cubs fans are sick of losing.
- Tim Sullivan of the San Diego Union-Tribune writes that Aaron Harang's performance in the Padres' home opener is a snapshot of his major-league past.
- Gwen Knapp of the San Francisco Chronicle writes that the defense is employing a smart strategy by not having Barry Bonds testify at his perjury trial.
- Mark Purdy of the San Jose Mercury News writes that he has some questions if Bonds takes the stand.
- Gil LeBreton of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram writes that the young pitchers look and feel like winners for the Rangers.
- Paul Hagen of the Philadelphia Daily News writes that Cole Hamels didn't deserve the boos in the Phillies' loss to the Mets.
- Joel Sherman of the New York Post writes that Rafael Soriano's silent treatment speaks volumes.
- Kevin Kernan of the New York Post writes that you should savor the Mets' sweet start as long as you can.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now