Interesting stories from newspapers across the nation:
- Jeff Schultz of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution asks how long should the Braves stick with Nate McLouth hitting second.
- Kevin Cowherd of the Baltimore Sun talks to Earl Weaver about the Orioles' exciting start.
- Peter Schmuck of the Baltimore Sun writes that the Orioles are finding home plate without much help from the meat of the order.
- John Tomase of the Boston Herald wraps up the Red Sox's weekend sweep at the hands of the Rangers.
- Michael Hunt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel tries to cheers up Brewers' fans by telling them their favorite team won't go 0-162.
- Brian Costa of the Wall Street Journal writes that Chris Young's fastball is the best optical illusion in baseball.
- Your truly writes in the Beaver County Times that hustling has meant winning for the Pirates.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now