Top stories from newspapers across the nation:
- Michael Hunt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel writes about the truth of this year's Brewers' home opener.
- David Haugh of the Chicago Tribune writes that there was plenty to like and dislike about the Cubs' loss to the Pirates on Sunday.
- Jim Souhan on the Minneapolis Star-Tribune tells the Twins that Minnesota Nice doesn't cut it in New York.
- Tom Powers of the St. Paul Pioneer Press writes that Denard Span had the last laugh on Toronto fans.
- Dave George of the Palm Beach Post writes that is was a forgettable Marlins' debut for Javier Vazquez.
- Jean-Jacques Taylor of the Dallas Morning News writes that Ron Washington made all the right moves in the Rangers' sweep of the Red Sox.
- Bernie Miklasz of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch writes that their first win had to feel good to the Cardinals.