Some of the top baseball stories from newspapers across the nation:
- T.J. Simers of the Los Angeles Times writes that the Dodgers can't ignore safety issues at Dodger Stadium.
- Jim Souhan of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune writes that there is no need for the Twins to push the panic button but they just need to stop hitting snooze.
- Jerry Brewer of the Seattle Times writes that quiet yet serious, the rebuilding Mariners are ready to make the most of this season.
- Phil Rogers of the Chicago Tribune writes that Curtis Granderson does what he does best.
- Troy E. Renck of the Denver Post writes that Ubaldo Jimenez's injury is a concern for the Rockies.
- Michael Rosenberg of the Detroit Free Press writes that if Brad Penny's bad days keep coming back, it will hurt the Tigers.
- Phil Sheridan of the Philadelphia Inquirer writes that with Cliff Lee, the thrill is back.
- John Harper of the New York Daily News writes that A.J. Burnett shows enough to prove to the Yankees and their fans that he may be able to contribute as the No. 2 starter.