Interesting stories from newspapers across the nation:
- Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News writes that all eyes are on the Giants.
- Bill Plaschke of the Los Angeles Times writes that it all works as the Dodgers find an opening and take it.
- T.J. Simers of the Los Angeles Times writes that it's time to order those post-season tickets after the Dodgers' victory.
- Rick Telander of Chicago Sun-Times writes that the White Sox and Cubs can recover the NFL's fumble.
- Steve Buckley of the Boston Herald writes that the Red Sox are definitely looking down on the Yankees.
- Phil Sheridan of the Philadelphia Inquirer writes that there are warm feelings about the Phillies on Opening Day.
- Mark Kiszla of the Denver Post writes that the Rockies' non-stars will determine how the season goes.
- John Romano of the St. Petersburg Times writes that the playoffs seem like a longshot for the Rays this season.