Baseball Prospectus is looking for interns for 2011. We're looking for applicants for the spring (or immediately, if available now) and summer academic quarters. Before applying, please ensure that you can devote at least 10 hours per week to tasks including, but not limited to, interesting and rewarding baseball stuff. Internships are unpaid other than the famous free Baseball Prospectus Premium subscription for life, and you must receive college credit for your internship.
- English, History, or Journalism background.
- An interest in writing and editing and an awareness of good grammar and proper punctuation.
- Solid writing samples.
- Interest in doing research, whether it be of an internet or library nature.
- Familiarity with Excel, HTML, XML a plus.
- Desktop publishing experience a plus.
- Knowledge of and interest in baseball, of course.
- Graphic design, LaTeX and Web Style Sheet (CSS) experience.
- Mobile device (primarily iPhone and Android) application development experience.
- Facebook App or OpenSocial development experience.
- Linux, Database, MySQL, and HTML/PHP/AJAX experience.
- Experience in production of websites, applications, and utilities.
We want independently productive individuals. Send us your portfolio–samples of or links to the stuff you've done, and it doesn't have to be professional or about baseball.