It's playoff time, so Jason and I discuss when going with your ace on three days rest is a good thing, Saturday night's pitching match-up, and a change in the way we watch baseball. Then special guest Rob Neyer of ESPN stops by to chime on the playoffs with some interesting tangents here and there on how teams have gotten smarter. For Pop Culture Moment, writer Joel Stein (Time Magazine) comes on to talk about the book he's working on and how part of the research involved getting a baseball lesson from former All-Star Shawn Green. Then it's the usual goofiness as Jason pilfers a beverage.. As always, we hope you enjoy.
Note: We do alert you to the presence of the occasional adult language. Don't say we didn't warn you.
Up And In Episode 21: "I'm Not A Criminal, But I Stole This"
Table Of Contents
0:00 Intro, agenda review (mosquitoes, hail, and miners too)
4:28 Housekeeping (Email Us! Join our Facebook group!, Episode 22 delayed!)
8:01 Emails: Live web-cam requests, Mark Rogers, Idaho, recipes, more dream crushing
19:32 Jason gets another beer
20:27 Let's talk about the playoffs
27:15 3-man vs. 4-man rotations in the post-season
39:43 Watching the playoff games without emotion
50:38 Special Guest Rob Neyer of ESPN.com
- Getting labeled as a sabermetrician
- Compelling moments vs. compelling series
- Are the Phillies the best post-season team?
- Bobby Cox getting out-managed in his final series
- Chiming in on the concept of the post-season three-man rotation
- How teams are smarter now than they were 15 years ago
- Are there any tactical advantages left out there?
- Preserving pitcher's health
- Does the Yankees + $$$ = fair?
- A little bit about Rob Neyer Baseball
81:00 Not Jim Tracy on post-season sportsmanship
82:49 Pop Culture moment with writer Joel Stein (Time Magazine)
- Learning about baseball from Shawn Green
- Newark vs. Los Angeles
- Tantric baseball viewing
- Working for Martha Stewart
- Naming the book
- Shawn Green predicts Halladay's no-hitter
- Getting your Q rating
- Playoff wagering
- Opening the door for the wife
- Morgana The Kissing Bandit update
114:15 Scrambling for guests
116:12 Musical Guest: Hifana
116:53 What Are You Drinking?
125:25 A quick discussion of mole sauce
127:41 Update on Jason's mental state