For those of you out there getting an iPad — and at least two people I know of already — we'd like to let you know that BP is happy to welcome our new tablet overlords. From some testing, we know that:
* All BP pages render well and look great in the iPad's native Safari app.
* The new consolidated PECOTA cards look awesome.
* PFM works and has been used in at least one fantasy draft. I bet it was a heck of a distraction!
* Spreadsheets downloaded work in either the Numbers app, in read-only mode in Mail, or in Google Docs through Safari.
So what doesn't work? Not much, actually:
* Flash ads do not show up. They are an empty box. (For many, this is a feature, not a bug.)
* The BPR "bug" on the front page does not work. Again, it's Flash and we're looking into solutions. In the meantime, you can download BPR via iTunes and it should play on iPad.
* There's some question on how Team Tracker works on it. Until we have one in hand, we can't really be sure.
In summary, it appears that the iPad will be another great way to consume your favorite BP content. While there's no BP app, you can set the site to "Add To Home Screen" so you can get to your favorite baseball site quickly. I'll have a full review with screenshots later this week.