CSS Button No Image Css3Menu.com

Baseball Prospectus home
  
  

Search Article Archives

Find:   

Author:    Article: 
Search Date (From):    Search Date (To):   
Sort Results by:  Relevance
 Date
Show me  Results

   Show Article Summaries

New! Search comments:      
(NOTE: Relevance, Author, and Article are not applicable for comment searches)

Connor Tapp
12 comments | 2 total rating | 0.17 average rating
Facebook Twitter email a friend
Share comments by 'Connor Tapp' posted at
Baseball Prospectus http://bbp.cx/i/39299
Connor Tapp
(39299)
Comment rating: 0

I don't think anyone is arguing that all players should always be kept down in order to keep their service time in control. The Royals are in a unique situation where they have virtually no shot to be competitive this season, but could be very good over the next 4-6 seasons if these prospects pan out. I think what Kevin and others are saying is that calling up Hosmer makes their master plan slightly more difficult to execute because Hosmer will be more expensive toward the end of that window. I don't think anyone is suggesting that there aren't both costs and benefits to making this move. What's less clear is which will outweigh the other. Incidentally, this is the first time I recall seeing a BP comment thread resemble some the inane ad hominem arguments usually found on articles posted on free sites.

 
Connor Tapp
(39299)
Comment rating: 0

The value of my subscription just went up. Welcome aboard, Professor.

 
Connor Tapp
(39299)
Comment rating: 0

"many project double-digit, if not more power down the road" That's the sound of a Cubs fan assuming you he's going to hit for triple-digit power.

 
Connor Tapp
(39299)
Comment rating: 1

John Lannan, WTF?

Jan 28, 2010 2:23 PM on October 14-20
 
Connor Tapp
(39299)
Comment rating: 0

Adam LaRoche's player comments currently occupy ANDY LaRoche's PECOTA card.

Apr 01, 2009 10:33 PM on November 3-16
 
Connor Tapp
(39299)
Comment rating: 0

Maybe I\'m reading this wrong, but it looks like the Nats will be leaving CF vacant for 90% of their games, with Elijah Dukes and Willie Harris splitting the remaining 10%

Feb 09, 2009 5:33 PM on August 12-14, 2001
 
Connor Tapp
(39299)
Comment rating: 0

What does blue mean? Did I miss something?

Feb 04, 2009 8:34 PM on Taking a Moment
 
Connor Tapp
(39299)
Comment rating: 0

Have you thought of adding a \"Dusty Baker variable\" to the actuarial table for pitchers? THR might have been a little less optimistic about Aaron Harang last year if that was included.

Jan 10, 2009 2:17 PM on Under The Hood
 
Connor Tapp
(39299)
Comment rating: 0

FOX is perhaps the most inept of the major networks (see: cancellations of Arrested Development, Futurama, and Family Guy), and I typically try to blame them for as many social ills as possible.

Oct 26, 2008 2:56 PM on June 18-24
 
Connor Tapp
(39299)
Comment rating: 0

Why would Ethier see BETTER pitches when hitting before Manny? How is it better to increase the probability of having a man on when Manny comes up (by letting Ethier see better pitches)? Wouldn\'t Manny\'s presence just add to the importance of getting Ethier out?

Oct 03, 2008 4:28 PM on May 21-27
 
Connor Tapp
(39299)
Comment rating: 0

Are you *sure* the Reds wil be conservative with Bruce over the next week? After all, this is Dusty Baker we\'re talking about. And if the word to take it slow with him came down from management, why haven\'t they sent down the same instructions for Cueto and Volquez?

Sep 22, 2008 8:48 PM on Rotation Games
 
Connor Tapp
(39299)
Comment rating: 1

Dakota Fanning? What, are you working with a random celebrity name generator?

Sep 15, 2008 2:07 PM on Justice in Milwaukee