CSS Button No Image Css3Menu.com
New! Search comments:
(NOTE: Relevance, Author, and Article are not applicable for comment searches)
Any thought about Bauer considering:
1. How well he's pitched thus far
2. How poorly Carasco has pitched thus far
3. Bauer's already pitched in an MLB game
Am I missing something... why is Chris Sale MIA here?
Yeah this type of thing is fun to read but very simplistic in it's measurement.
Also, I think this piece should be entitled best and worse GM in terms of efficiency- or something of the like. To just use this as the criteria for best GM seems silly.
Agreed. Fun stuff.
Nothing substantive to say but just wanted to say great work this HOF season, even though I dont agree with some of it.
Did Mike Carp come anywhere near this list?
Great to hear. Maybe you can elaborate during the chat. Keep up the great work.
whoops- lots of typos and mistakes but wanted to clarify..
I meant "He, Christina and Kevin..."
1. I will miss Joe immensely. He, and Kevin are the main reasons I subscribe.
2. Love the content here and appreciate the work you folks are doing to provide more. I echo the need more "good reading" sentiments, hopefully you guys are listening.
3. The main issue I have with BP.com is the website presentation and layout. I appreciate the fact that the site looks basically the same as it did when it first started (free of side clutter and ads w/in articles) but the usability has suffered immensely because of it IMO. Why is it such a pain to search and look at stats here? You mentioned new searchable Pecota cards which sounds great but frankly they're late. I've been a subscriber for several years (reader for longer) and plan on renewing again but my use of free sites, esp fangraphs and baseballreference have increased this past year and prob will continue simply because of their presentation of stats and ease of use (esp. sortability). Speed is an issue as well the articles are free of clutter but why do they take longer to load? I understand I talking about waiting 5/6 seconds more to load a page but it speaks to the general utility of the site from my POV. I could go on and on but my basic point point is- please update the website. The content here has never been and hopefully never will be the issue.
Any word on Pronk's visit to Mr. Andrews?
Although druuu seems to have overreacted just a bit, I agree with his premise that these OF rankings are very weak for most traditional roto or H2H leagues. Hart and Upton are way too high. Lee at 25 and over another personal fav Milledge is makes me giggle. I could go on but that's not the point.
The point is like any other fantasy analysis it should be used as reference and not as scripture. Unless you have a perfect fantasy record there really is no need to be a jerk about things like this.
I was happy to extend my subscription yesterday. Keep up the great work BP!
He was spectacular down the stretch in 07. Not sure how that's been forgotten this offseason. His numbers that year:
Sept 352/432/602 that was after a 394/516/657 August.
overall RISP: 310/431/544
Close and Late: 346/447/590.
I really dont think his "clutchness" is an issue- if you believe in that stuff, that is.
Will, you know people will ask you to expand on the "On The Couch" comment. IMO, seems like a cheap shot w/o much merit.
Was he in the majors that long? If so why no mention in the top 10 under 25 then? Kevin doesnt seem that high on Murphy yet he\'s 5th on the list while being a year older and putting up a lower OPS in AA than Evans. I\'m not that big on Evans but I do think he deserves a mention somewhere here.
I echo the \'where is Nick Evans?\' comments.
311/365/561 at age 22 in AA is nothing to sneeze at. Just a mistake or did you leave him out on purpose?